Sam's ShortTakes Unlimited: On Being...Still Single

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

On Being...Still Single

I'm still single and quite satisfied about it.
I've come up with the thought that if "Love hurts, why hurt yourself with loving someone who may not even be worth all the love you can give?".
I have friends who've been part of a great love affair, only to be disillusioned in the end. The giddy feeling of love can only last for a certain period of time. Maybe, forever is just a phrase...afterall.
Nah, I'm not a manhater...it's just that I've got to thinking that I may not be made to be a part of someone else's soul...the concept of soulmates is nice but then...i won't be spending too much time pondering on my soulmate's whereabouts.
Maybe, you can say that I've been saddened by the fact that my parents are living together under one roof on false pretences: alcoholism is a major issue for my dad. My mom silently cries and just takes it all in whenever dad goes into his drinking sessions. They're still together, but the love is gone...
But hey, that's beside the point...altho, partly you can surmise that my family life is one good reason why I'm still single today.
I'm still single...and loving it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I`m a 40 year old man and the reason why i`m still single is because i`m not a fun person to be with, I`m underpaid labor worker ( a looser ) i didnt get any educacion due to I had to star working by the age of 7 in a third world country, and i`ve been working with out taking any break since, I`m below average looking also.
So all this is enough to discorage even the lowest self steamer woman

Monday, June 19, 2006 6:21:00 PM  
Blogger sam said...

hello gilbert romer,
i'd like to believe that what matters in life is that one is able to make the most out of one's self, regardless if he/she is still single or not-so-single. people are either meant to be with someone or just fly solo. also, being in a third world country (and working at such a young age) is tough. i am in a third world country too (altho i've worked at age 17)...and, thanks for your comment.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 12:05:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home