Sam's ShortTakes Unlimited: I've been Tagged! (Re: The Wall of Weird)

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

I've been Tagged! (Re: The Wall of Weird)

Got a meme from my bestfriend ZJ saying that I should list down six weird things about myself. Being tagged is part of blogger's wonderful world. Unfortunately, I don't really have anyone to tag in return. I'll just do the list. Read on...and be the judge.
1. I still watch teen-oriented foreign movies! Can’t seem to get enough of the cheesy dialogue, the “huh? come again?” storyline, the hipness, the all-around young vibe, the soundtrack or lack thereof, and sometimes there’s an unknown newbie actor/actress that’s worth watching. Why it’s weird? I’m not a teenager anymore. Needless to say, I’d rather watch a teen flick and just chill, than watch a high octane movie that’s too noisy/too fast for someone my age.
2. Believe it or not, I have a good singing soprano voice…when I was still in college. Sadly, my singing voice has turned nonexistent because of: lack of practice, vocal chords gone awry, voice has become off-key, tone-deaf. Why it’s weird? If I try really hard enough, I can belt out the Dancing Queen.
3. You can say that I’m still in a time warp when it comes to fashion: I’d rather wear comfy shirts, tank tops, sneakers, jeans, anything comfortable. Could be that I’m just trying to dress “young”. I even have the habit of looking and buying rubber shoes than sandals. You won’t catch me wearing a frilly dress! Weird, huh?
4. When a guy likes me, he’ll ask me out. We’ll go on a date and it’s never followed by another date. After the initial attraction, I think I’m seen as “a good friend” rather than as “a good possible girlfriend”. Maybe this scenario was brought about by my mantra: “I don’t need a man to validate my existence”. Although I know that a special guy will be willing to see what I’m all about. Who knows? Maybe he’ll even love me for what I am. Is it weird that I still believe in happy endings?
5. I can’t swim even if I try. Almost drowned trying. When I look at the ocean, I imagine myself swimming like a mermaid. On my wishlist is to learn to scuba dive. That is, if I get past the fact that I can’t swim.
6. When I eat really hot and spicy food, it’s not a nice experience. My nose itches and I sneeze a lot. Even when I eat a menthol candy. The taste buds in my tongue must have been underdeveloped for the onslaught of anything hot and spicy. Is there a thing called hot-and-spicy-food intolerant?
Weird enough?

2 Comments:

Blogger Four-eyed-missy said...

Hi Sam.
I was giggling at at your answer number 6! And what happened to your voice na? You should sure try to recover it... sayang. Pareho din tayo sa number 3. You want to feel young? Dress young! haha.
Thanks for answering the tag.

Friday, August 11, 2006 5:14:00 AM  
Blogger sam said...

hi ZJ,
it was a fun tag to answer. about my voice? sayang nga, i could have been singing at ceasars palace, haha.
take care.

Friday, August 11, 2006 6:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home