Sam's ShortTakes Unlimited: DOUBLE PLAY: Passenger Seat & Out Of My League by Stephen Speaks

Sunday, June 11, 2006

DOUBLE PLAY: Passenger Seat & Out Of My League by Stephen Speaks

Passenger Seat
i look at her and i have to smile
as we go driving for a while
her hair blowing in the open window of my car, and
as we go, the traffic lights
i watch them glimmer in her eyes
in the darkness of the evening, and...
i've got all that i need
right here in the passenger seat
oh, and i can't keep my eyes on the road
knowing that she's inches from me
we stop to get something to drink
my mind clouds and i can't think
scared to death to say i love her
rthen the moon peeks from the clouds
i hear my heartbeat it's so loud
try to tell her simply, that...
i've got all that i need
right here in the passenger seat
oh, and i can't keep my eyes on the road
knowing that she's inches from me.
*****
Out Of My League
it's her hair and her eyes today
that simply take me away
and the feeling that i'm falling further in love
makes me shiver but in a good way.
all the times i have sat and stared
as she thoughtfuly thumbs through her hair
and she purses her lips, bats her eyes as she plays
with me sitting there slack-jawed and nothing no say.
but i love her with all that i am
and my voice shakes with my hand
cause i'm speechless to say what i'm feeling today
but i'm out of my league once again.
it's a masterful melody
when she calls out my name to me
as the world spins around her she laughs, rolls her eyes
and i feel like i'm falling but it's no surprise
that i love her with all that i am
and my voice shakes along with my hands
cause it's frightening to be swimming in this strange sea
but i'd rather be here than on land.
and she's all that i see
and she's all that i need
and i'm out of my league once again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home