Sam's ShortTakes Unlimited: Anlamig!!!

Monday, February 18, 2008

Anlamig!!!

February days and nights have been really cold now. Give me overcast skies, rain showers, no heat wave, seemingly absent sunshine, even gloomy days – I love it! Just perfect for reminiscing, psyching up one’s self, lazing around, being praning doing nothing, dreaming out loud every unspoken thought and one-sided feelings.

But then, I’m not sure if that’s always a good thing since the cold spell could also mean a very hot summer. Yeah, and that could be a drag for all those who can’t take too much summer heat – dehydration, fainting, headaches, dizziness, all the sweaty stuff. Sweat is the body’s way of releasing toxins, impurities and it gives a sense of comfort, relief even. But then, to minimize the risk of drying out, hehe, do take in lots of water (it’s cheap and readily available). Or if you want, guzzle up fruit-flavored drinks, smoothies, power juices, anything that’s cold and thirst-quenching. A bit of health benefits should always be taken in consideration.

I’m not really a fan of summertime and the heat it brings…but then, I’m now really getting affected by the cold spell. It’s just too much for a “gloomy day person” like me. I miss the sun as it slowly peeks above the horizon, the smell of sun-drenched air, the play of lighted shadows across my window and the general good effects of vitamin D.

Summer is still days away. The Day of Hearts is now a memory. Today is here…and it’s still freakin’ cold!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home