Sam's ShortTakes Unlimited: Family Matters 2

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Family Matters 2

There's always a lot to tell about family vacations, reunions, get-aways or whatever you call these events. Truth be told? Fun+food+faces = family reunion. Let me tell you how it goes in my extended family...
FUN, is always spelled in BIG letters. Whether it's from my mom's side of the family or my sibling's married side of the family. An occasion is always a reason to be with each other - Christmas, New Year, birthdays, death anniversaries, weddings, homecoming, going abroad to work, everything! I'm quite new at this extended family thing, especially concerning my sis-in-laws, brothers-in-law, their kids, cousins-in-law, my nephews and nieces. As a single woman, I find it such a delight to see and meet new family members. The young once are supportive. The young ones are lovable. Some of the kids would just look at me, some would call me "Tita Sam", some would rather sleep while others just love to play endless online games. I got creamed playing against my 8-year old nephew, Kurt, in 2 rounds of Gran Turismo 3 Playstation 2. Hehe, I redeemed myself by winning in the Tekken Tag Tournament. That was my first time to play and it was such a laugh.
FOOD, lots! Chinese, Thai, home cooking, fast food, ice cream, sweets, candies, chocolate, a lot! I enjoy eating as much as the next girl. It's also a good thing that the weight easily stays off with walking. Now, my throat hurts because of too much candies and chocolate. I haven't had the promised "drinking session" with my brother yet. I'm not so sure if we'll ever have one though, he just went out with his wife - to spend quality time together. I don't drink much, I'd rather mix drinks and watch unknowing people get drunk. Is that mean? Wait until you get a load of my vodka mixes.
FACES, all shapes, sizes, color, features, ages and dialect. Im still trying to put every name in each face of my extended family. Ate Eda from Houston, Texas and Mama Coring arrived early this morning. Nephews and nieces came in numbers. Hmmm, I can't help but notice that the stork have been busy visiting my sis-in-law's side of the family. Just recently Maxxis was born and by June, Bem will give birth to her first child. Isn't that exciting?
I can never tell when it's ging to be my turn to have my own family. Or if ever I'll have my own family someday. Yes, it would be wonderful to have my own partner in life, have a kid or two and be able to start my own family tradition. But for now, I'm ok to be with people I care about.
It's like owning a small piece of heaven on earth.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home