Sam's ShortTakes Unlimited: Got The Sun In My Eye

Monday, March 31, 2008

Got The Sun In My Eye

The heat is on (again)!
It's summer in the PI! Rising temperature. Longer days. Shorter nights. Sea. Sand. Sun. Surf. Bikini and tan lines. Buffed bodies and cold drinks. Vacations. Fiestas. Beaches. Sunburn. Moods - good or bad.
I am not a big fan of summer. BUT that is only because of my limited tolerance to heat or sunlight. Years back, I've been diagnosed with intense allergic reaction to sun exposure which lead me to stay indoors until 3pm, pain relievers, derma appointments and upping my usual sunblock's SPF number. Too much heat for me means migraine and really being lazy. Not a very ideal summer-y combination.
BUT, there are also some things I enjoy about summer - fruits in abundance, fresh seafood, swirls of fab colors, dressing down, travel, cool nights, the possibility of a summer romance, and going to the beach. Maybe not to swim since I can't swim.
For now, all I have is a drawing board of my summer plans. Haven't been to the beach yet. Haven't eaten enough fruits or seafood yet. Don't have a tan yet. Haven't bought swimwear yet. Still to meet in person the "spicy" side of my being "crazy".
Have I mentioned that there is a magical side to summer?
Anything - fun, scorching, sweaty, or sweet - can happen!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home