Sam's ShortTakes Unlimited: Thursday Thoughts

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Thursday Thoughts

Thursday is almost over. Time flies fast and it's gone in a blink. Life at the office is still hectic - always walking on eggshells and always (ALWAYS!) being careful not to ruffle the feathers of very unpredictable colleagues. Or else, I will get a lashing of mean words even when it's not my fault. I've been advised to show my innards outward and not be afraid to charge with my Ox' horns upturned. Or bulldoze my way to anyone who is being so unreasonably hurtful.
I've done a bit of hoof-thumping lately. Simply because I'm not stupid. Not stupid enough to just accept the bad words or being blamed for others' misdeeds. Not stupid enough to stay silent when I've done my best, but that is never enough. Someone will always find a way to bring me down and to find something wrong with the work I do. I'm not stupid enough to never take a stand in things I believe in. I have to show spunk without losing my wits. Smart bitchin' can be an art too.
Ah, my life. It's complex - sweet, unpredictable, fun, no high monetary value, always a work in progress. I still try to look for the positive side of what's here. Like not having a guy partner - which could be tough during days or nights when all I need is to snuggle. Like not having more than enough spending money - a working girl like me should know how to budget a mid-class paycheck. Like not being able to sleep at once. Like being taken for granted sometimes. But I have to learn how to like these not too pleasant yet doable realities.
Soon, it's weekend. In about two hours, my bedroom lights will be dimmed.
Enjoy the rest of this day, bloggers! Have fun too!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home