Sam's ShortTakes Unlimited: Mid-2008

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Mid-2008

It's the first week of June already. So many things to do, so little time. But, a little perspective on what's really important, may strike a balance in one's daily duels. So how can you do a juggling act between personal or interpersonal? Work or fun? Your self or your significant person? Family or career? Is it love or just hormones? Stay stupid or be in the know? Guess all those questions are self-explanatory.

Here goes my midyear take:
At work, I will always aim to do my best. I'll hold on to my motto "It's always 100% every first time, all the time". Nothing wrong with setting good work standards for yourself, right? Simply focus on what needs to be done and minding your own business (without messing up others') may also apply at the homefront.

Still got a long way to go before my first billion, hehe. But I'm taking baby steps towards achieving my financial freedom. Saving for my rainy days and Mondays. Paying myself first by maintaining a savings plan. Not being so fond of shopping has its perks too. No impractical buys, just bare necessities. I'll just take pleasure in buying groceries any given Thursday.

I'm not entirely closing my eyes on the possibility of ever being with my special guy. Still, the chance of meeting him or not still hangs. Is he even out there? Am I here for him? Will he see me in his eyes? Can I bring a smile on his face? Is it just wham-bam-sayonara? Or will fate bring us together? If nothing happens between us in real life, maybe somewhere along life's busy highway - we will zero in on each other and really say "Hi (insert name)" face-to-face. And seal that very first meeting with a hug and a kiss (not necessarily in that order).

Who can tell? I may be a June bride or be on a honeymoon in December with him (there's no name or year indicated here). Be married, have a good husband, have kids and a nice home. But staying single is another option that I'm preparing myself for. Not by chance but by choice. If my future life partner or husband bails out on me by not showing up, ditching me or whatever, that will be his decision and his alone. If being without me is his happiness, I will never stand in his way. I am also open to adoption. That way, I may be able to care for someone else's bundle of joy.

I hope to broaden my horizons in the coming days/months/years by: being a good writer (for BicolHomepage and my blogs), volunteering again (keeping my fingers crossed!), travel to Cambodia (keeping my fingers crossed some more!), finish my Masters, learn a new language, have my own coffee shop and make use of my professional teacher's license (I'm still practicing by being a tutor after office hours).

Six months to go and counting!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home