Sam's ShortTakes Unlimited: My Babe-ness...Or Not

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

My Babe-ness...Or Not

This post is just another proof that I can NEVER be a summer babe.
What a meltdown!
Our city had another long blackout today, more or less 8 hours. One of our civil engineers said that it's due to TransCo's technical adjustment. Good thing that our office has its own genset. Otherwise, I would have dozed off until the power's back again. For sure, I'll be issued a memo for "sleeping on the job". (Note: I've been working since my last term in college and I haven't been issued any kind of office-related memo. Hey, I'm good at what I do, hehehe).
It's must be the weather!
A lot of people look forward to long, glorious days filled with sunshine. Not me. But, I also like sunny days. As long as I stay indoors with the fan on full swing, that is. Safe from the heat and sunburn. Too much sun gets me down. It starts off with my feet getting cold, followed by headache and other body pains. Then I begin to get dizzy spells and feel really sleepy. Sun-drunk, if there's such a word. The sun and sweat make my nose and face itch. On regular days, I drink a lot of water to stay hydrated. Nowadays, my water intake goal is - drink a glass of water every 30 minutes! You get the picture, hehehe.
If there's any way to avoid the summer heat - please, I'm open to all possibilities!
There's something special about summer though.
It's that time when the day ends and the night begins. That exact moment when you seem to hear the sun touch the mountains. When the clouds get that warm orange color. That brief and unnoticeable moment when the noise stops for a micro-second. When the day's warm air slowly merges into the cool breeze of the evening...leaving a soft trail of comfort against my skin. That's when I begin to feel better.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home