Sam's ShortTakes Unlimited: Hell HQ

Thursday, May 01, 2008

Hell HQ

It's been another tough day. Even when I skipped worked today, things that were work-related still hounded my supposedly non-working 1st of May - Labor Day.

Gosh! How much crap can a girl take?

Earlier on, I've posted that I can deal with all shitty matters thrown at me. But even the limits I've set for myself have been breached. Gossip, unfounded or with a grain of truth, is still hurtful. More so because it's NEVER 100% accurate. Words taken out of context. Just saying things to start a big fight. Goes to show that no one can trust anyone, especially if it deals with work politics. The green horn of pathetic indifference shows its sharp edges over and over and over again. Watch your step all the time. It's good to have an extra pair of eyes at the back of your head. Develop an invincible shield of armor, or a thicker skin. Have your own set of balls if needed. Protect your turf with an eagle-eyed stare. Fight fair. Fight dirty. Do whatever it takes.

Picture this: HELL HQ - on earth, my earth - a daily dose of dang and damn. A seemingly endless disease that festers each time I get sucked in it. It's not like I don't have a choice on this. Somehow, my choice to just let all issues slide was a bad decision. I smiled even though the hurt has lingered. I tried to be diplomatic and understanding even when I'm always at a losing end. I never bothered to kiss anyone's ass just to get ahead. I do my best even when it's always a thankless deal. I wanted to be fair to all but how can I keep up with pretenses when everyone else don't even bother to say "hi back". Still, I let things slide and do what I do best. Even if it meant being invisible, talking only when talked to and just focusing on work until the each day ends.

It's just a job, never anything personal.

BUT, I take it too personal when my work ethics is questioned. Heck! I even took on another person's work load for 2 weeks without asking for any extra pay. Sometimes, my initiative can backfire at me. I am ALWAYS good at what I do. And being a hard worker (taking on more duties someone else's should be doing but can't, because of an accident) doesn't mean that I will take anyone else's salary without prior approval from the boss - that's like stealing! I've been through hard times all my life and I've learned to make the most out of what I have. But I will never take money that I never worked hard for. That's not me at all. However, all my good intentions to help and make things easy for those involved just blew up on my face.

Things are about to change. Maybe nothing major at once, rather a gradual change. Time to show some cold-hearted side to my very capable demeanor. I can never be as bitchy as they are but I've got a few tricks up my sleeve. I call it "bitchin' glam". No one will be allowed to put me down again. Enough is enough.

Welcome to Hell HQ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home