Sam's ShortTakes Unlimited: Taking Notes

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Taking Notes

To live a life that's worth blogging about...

Almost two years and counting, I'm still grasping on straws.

Events, both good and bad, led to who I am today. Most days, I am quite normal but never average, hehe. Lately, I'm slowly morphing into a different sub-species altogether. It's a chronic change that I've accepted. Been starting to kick my hooves up, randomly spitting out a mean remark or two, swearing like a tabacco-chewing meanie, being intolerant to any kind of abuse and not allowing myself to be distracted from my goal of delivering a 100% effort in any given workday. I'm still (trying! to be) nice, polite, kind, understanding and sweet, but then, being a no-nonsense girl is way better.

Life isn't that boring now. Altho I've diverted from my usual "safe mode", my humane traits are intact. I only react when needed. I don't engage in physical violence and verbal attacks are left to a minimum. If I can still help it, I just shut my mouth and suffer in silence. Yep, I am a work in progress. My so-called creative approach to handle life's blows is a result of trial and error. Not all turn out remarkable, some even boomerang.

Masaya at makulay naman ang buhay. Which comes to mind one of my fave songs "When I See You Smile", by Bad English. Para bang disc jockey ulet ako nito ah. Maiba naman, this song is dedicated to me by one special guy (anonymity is absolute!). May kilig factor nga eh dahil di ko naman alam na he thinks of me that way at all. (Excuse me if I'm swooning like a crazed high school student).

Sometimes I wonder
How I'd ever make it through,
Through this world without having you
I just wouldn't have a clue
(my thoughts have wandered in the same path of misguided intentions, indecisiveness, plain cluelessness...)

'Cause sometimes it seems
Like this world's closing in on me,
And there's no way of breaking free
And then I see you reach for me
(hmmm..nuances of the concept of meeting him/her halfway seems to reverberate from these lines)

Sometimes I wanna give up
I wanna give in,
I wanna quit the fight
And then I see you, baby
And everything's alright,
everything's alright
(some battles are worth fighting for. some are just not. so, know your battles and fight fair. often, you need to be shaken off your feet to know who will be there to catch you when you fall...)

When I see you smile
I can face the world, oh oh,
you know I can do anything
When I see you smile
I see a ray of light, oh oh,
I see it shining right through the rain
When I see you smile
Oh yeah, baby when I see you smile at me
(there's nothing like a smile that's freely given and shared...be sure to smile back, but only if you really mean it. there's nothing more pathetic than a plastic smile)

Baby there's nothing in this world
that could ever do
What a touch of your hand can do
It's like nothing that I ever knew
("one touch of her hand and I know that it's for real", from Prince Charming Cinderella animated movie - and who says that fairy tales don't have fun/romantic lines?)

And when the rain is falling
I don't feel it,
'cause you're here with me now
And one look at you baby
Is all I'll ever need,
you're all I'll ever need
(makuha ka sa tingin? as they say: the eyes are the soul's windows. one look and words may not be needed. but hey, be sure to verbalize your thoughts too. hindi lahat ng tao may kakayahang magbasa ng isip, di ba?)

Chorus

Sometimes I wanna give up
I wanna give in,
I wanna quit the fight
And then I see you baby
And everything's alright,
everything's alright
(some battles are worth fighting for. some are just not. so, juat know your battles and fight fair. often, you need to be shaken off your feet to know who will be there to catch you when you fall...)

So right...
(almost perfect, but always allow a room for error - this makes for a better partnership.)

Cheers y'all!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home