Sam's ShortTakes Unlimited: My Rainbow

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My Rainbow

I had a very early start at bridging the distance between the two of us. After a week of silence and stubborn indifference, I was ready to make peace and forget the fact that I've been thru so much pain because of loving my guy. No qualms, no regrets, whatever happens or nothing at all.
I sent him some text messages, reaffirming my true feelings for him. That no matter what, I will hold steadfast. I've apologized for any hurt which I may have brought on him. Needless to say, I also hinted that I'm not entirely to blame for this. That I am still trying to understand his reason, and that I respect his decision for staying away.
I've always believed that he is a good person. There's just something special about him. He's like a diamond in the rough - carat, color, cut. Even when subjected to extreme temperature and temper, he will still shine like a prism or a rainbow. That's what I saw in him. AND I will always look at him that way.
The day's hours went too fast. Made more toxic by all the craziness at the office. How I was able to handle three ASAP requests (from Naga, from Manila & from Cagayan) in less than an hour was beyond me. There's hope for me, I may really have superpowers that I am not aware of! Hehe.
Upon the prodding of a very good friend at past 8pm, I called him up. I was about to hang up because he wasn't answering. And when he finally took my call...
"Who's this?", he asked in a soft tone.
"Who am I? This is Sam", I replied with the same tone.
He asked, "How are you?"
"I'm not ok and I'd like to say sorry. How about you? Are you ok now? Are you still angry at me? Have I annoyed you too much?", I asked him back.
"Where are you?", he asked
"I'm here at home. Where are you now? Where have you been?", were my questions for him.
"Just here at home too. It's ok, Sam. I'm not angry at you. Too bad, I've got to go for now. I have to join the boss again tonight. He's actually downstairs as we speak. And I'm not lying to you about it", he said.
"It's fine with me. Have fun tonight. Thank you for this. Again, I'm really sorry if I offended you in any way", I answered with a smile.
"Ok".
(I texted him with: "Don't worry about me, I'm ok now. Thanks to you. Take care." To which he promptly replied: "You too." - short but sweet, like always)
Finally, I was able to really breathe again. My grin turned into a very wide smile! I whispered my thanks for this answered prayer. Wow! All the uncertainties that I had during the past week disappeared. This is a fresh start. Words of love were not spoken tonight, so no expectations. Rushing and being rash are not the operative keypoints now.
Taking a chance, regardless of the outcome, will always be worth it. So happy I did!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home